The questions on my heart and mind right now are these... Have you ever realized how you truly felt after the fact? Have you ever tried to avoid your feelings because you know or knew in the end you would get hurt? Lastly, have you ever hid or ran away from things because you were/are scared? I personally have experienced all of the above questions. Which reminded me of a poem I wrote about building walls of protection. However, in the end the walls turn out to be what is hurting you the most.
Here is a part of the poem called "Walls of Protection":
It was my wall times four
that held me
into bondage
for all my earlier years of life
It was my God
that broke those walls
in a matter of seconds through
His never changing words of life.
For my God and His Grace
I am forever Thankful
And long to serve and share
His words with others
Who find themselves where
I was hiding for years
Behind the walls they created.
It was my wall…
times four but NO more.
For my God is
now my protection.
now my protection.
I have my moments where I still want to hide what I am feeling. Because, what if I get hurt or at the moment I feel unworthy of whatever blessing I have before me. In moments like these I have to fight the urge to run away and hide. Running and hiding would be a much easier thing for me to do (Not the most healthy or beneficial to me and those around me). It is a wonderful thing to know and remember that God is my protector all the days of my life. I have my LORD who goes before me and fights for me. I am often reminded how truly vulnerable my heart has become. It isn't surrounded by "walls" that I created for "protection". It instead has been healed by the hands of the great physician and rests in His care. I need to be vulnerable, so that my life is a beautiful reflection of the grace and mercy of my God. I want others to see that out of even some of the hardest moments of hurt, that with the LORD you can overcome.
Your worth is not truly found in relationships, wealth, power, physical appearance, etc. It is found in the blood stained cross, where Jesus hung and took your place. You are of such great value that JESUS the SON of God was willing to lay down His LIFE to save you. He took upon your sin and shame. He carried your burdens and grief upon His shoulders. He has nail pierced hands and feet. If that doesn't tell you of your worth, I'm not sure what will. Please, know that you have worth... you are worth dying for.
-Stormy

No comments:
Post a Comment