Thursday, October 16, 2014

Choosing to embrace...

I have been hearing a lot about women and what their roles in today's world are. I hear how that the roles of womanhood displayed in the Bible or those from previous generations are that of controlling men wanting to oppress women. I have been pondering and looking at the reasons I believe what I believe. I don't believe in the Bible because that is what my parent's taught me. I believe in the Holy word of God on my own accord. I sought and tested the Bible. I "tore" it apart and looked at it... at the end of it all I found it to be reliable and the Word of God. That being said: I look at my life and that around me from a Biblical standpoint. Some may say that I am "closed minded", "blinded", "brain washed", "submissive", "dumb", and many more things. I may be those things to this world. However, I am called to stand for a higher standard and to be set apart for my King. More importantly, to my LORD I am His beloved.

As I look at the beauty of womanhood and how God intended it to be. I can't help but want to strive for that which my God set up for our standard over that of the world's. For when I look at God's standard, I see a beautiful example of Jesus and His body (the church). The man is over us, as Jesus is over the church. My dad and his protection is over me until the day I marry. I look to my dad for advice and help in direction (usually he is my sounding board when making my decisions). This for me is an example of the church looking to Jesus for the decisions we make. We seek Him and go to His word for direction. Jesus, is ultimately the one who I look to and sometimes have to go against the will of my dad to do the will of my LORD. It is finding that beautiful balance and seeing that God has given us a wonderful support system in the godly men around us.

I am choosing to look at the roles of men and women in the way that there is beauty in the way we are made to complement one another. I am choosing to see the beauty in the roles and talents that God has entrusted me with. I can admit that I am not equal with men all the time. I can't keep up with them and my strength lacks. They aren't equal with me with the areas God has gifted me. However, I am equal with men in the eyes of my God. I am covered by the blood of Jesus just as the man who stands next to me (if he has entrusted and surrendered his life to Jesus. The gift is there, it only needs to be accepted). I don't need to try harder or prove myself more in the sight of my LORD. What an amazing relief that my salvation isn't based on if I am a man or a woman. Instead, it is based on the condition of my heart and if I have surrendered my life to Him who gave his (and took it back again) for mine. I find a great peace in knowing without a doubt that I am saved and that He holds my life in His hands.

I want my future husband to lead me and to be the head of our home. I don't want the role of leading and protecting him. Man is called to be her protector, provider, and leader. As Jesus is to us His church. I do not have my future husband built up so high that he will never meet my expectations. I know he his human and that he will fail my ideal. However, my identity isn't to be found in my future husband (or anyone). My identity, should rest ONLY in my LORD. He is the one whom should be my anchor and hope. With that being said, I would be seriously happy to be a wife and the mother. My desire is to be a woman who her husband delights in and that brings honor to his name. I want to embrace, the roles that God has given me. I don't want others to tell me that I am wrong for wanting to follow God's word and standard. It hurts me as I watch other's trample over my beliefs and my standards in the process of trying to win their case.

I am a woman, yes a woman and I am embracing my differences from the men who are around me. I love the fact God made me with all the qualities that I have. With each quality the good and the bad, I am made into the woman who He has intended me to be. Yes, he continues to mold and shape me through the years. I haven't arrived at perfection and never will (my perfection is ONLY found in Jesus). I am no different than any man or woman needing the same gift of redemption, grace, sanctification found only through Jesus. So from an eternal perspective, I have already been given equal access to the Father and does anything else really matter? My eternal salvation is a whole lot more important then the temporary life here on earth. I want to bring glory to my Lord while I am living and live a full life pointing others to Jesus in the time I am given. That is what is important.

Please, know that I understand that women want to be treated with respect and not belittled. I want those things, I also want to be able to: vote, to be able to do things as God wills, to be able to choose to work or to stay home and take care of my future children without judgement, and many other things. However, I do see that in the quest to revolutionize what being a woman means, we have lost the beauty and mystery of womanhood that the generations before us had. As for respect, you've got to give it to receive it (it goes both ways for men and women). Choose to rise above the back biting of the opposite gender or anyone for that matter. Realize, that we all were created for different purposes and those purposes were to compliment not to tear down.

Thank you, for taking the time to read my thoughts (sorry they are all over the place). I hope this may have blessed you in some way. God Bless!

-Stormy

No comments: