Friday, October 24, 2014

Faithfulness


I found this picture on pinterest and I was reminded just how much I love the book of Ruth. I love the rawness and the transparency of those that the book of Ruth speaks of. It shows the condition of the human heart after the heartaches of this life. It speaks of the "crossroads" that we all find ourselves facing. To return to the things of our past or to go onto a new path and follow the Lord. In Ruth 1:16, Ruth tells her mother-in-law Naomi that instead of going back to the home of her father and his household gods: that she is going where she is going, staying where she is staying, and that Naomi's God will be her God. WOW, what a powerful example of faithfulness. Faithfulness, not just in serving, honoring her mother-in-law, and the name of the family. She also, had faithfulness in turning from the household idols of her youth and to serve the Lord God Almighty. I wonder, if I would have handled this situation with such grace, trust, and faithfulness or if I would have returned home like Ruth's sister-in-law.  

The book of Ruth, has so much value and meaning packed in its four short chapters. As I find myself at crossroads throughout my life. I have the decision to return to my previous household "idols" or if I will continue on (or stay)  where my God leads me. Will I serve Him through the heartache? Will I walk away from Him because I don't like what answers He gives me? Will I go or stay where He leads me? I pray and hope that I am so deeply rooted in Him that when the crossroads and storms hit me that I can withstand the temptation to return to the "idols" of my past. I want to follow the leading of my God and to follow Him where He directs me. My soul cries out from within me "where you go, I'll go; where you stay, I'll stay. Lord, I will follow you."

May I not react or make decisions in a haste and unbelief. Instead, I hope I may react in a trusting and faithful way in response to my Lord's leading. I sense a crossroad approaching in my life. Do I run and hide in unbelief that He will carry me through whatever the outcome or Do I step out in faith and trust in His timing and answer? I may not have all the answers or a map of my life. I do however have His word and Holy Spirit residing within me. In my opinion, that is a WHOLE lot more trust worthy than a map any day. A map may only tell me of what lies ahead of me. Which could cause me to refuse to go down a road, knowing that pain is found down a curtain path. On the other hand, with my God and His word I may not know what is up ahead for me. I do know, that I will not face any of it alone and that He is right beside me walking with me through the joy and pain. That is where the beauty is found, in the moments of trusting God and stepping forth in submission to His leading while not knowing what is ahead.

I would like to end with one of my soul's prayerful cries to the Lord:

Abba Father,
I may not know what lies ahead for me. I don't know what answers to my prayers you have in the works for me. I surrender my life and desires to you. I want to go where you go Father or stay where you stay. I want to serve the body of Christ wherever you have me in my different seasons. Help me not to make my life about me and to make it more about you. I want to be apart of your magnificent story and not one of me forcing things to go my way. At the end of my life, I want people to see your fingerprints of mercy, grace, love, and forgiveness above anything that I may have accomplished. Abba, please lead me as I come to the crossroads of my life. I want to glorify you in my decisions and actions. Help me to trust in you and your timing. I often ask myself "why, do you doubt Him when you know first hand that He is sovereign and faithful?" Abba, help me in my times of unbelief! I know often that when I don't trust you it is because I am struggling with giving up my desire for control. I see that through everything that I am facing right now in my life it is for my good. In it I am learning to trust you more fully and to look to you instead of the world around me. I see that you are stretching me and molding me into more of the woman you created me to be. May I bring honor to your name and not drag it through the "mud". I love you and I am thankful that I have you to walk this life with. Thank you, Abba for the blessings and the answers to my prayers. Yes, thank you for the no's you have said to me, for I know that it was for my good. Thank you, for the answers you have yet to answer. I know that you will answer them in your timing and for my best. Help me to keep my eyes on you and not on the things I long for. Help me to turn my heart's desires for your glory as I wait for your answer. In the yes' or the no's Lord help to me praise you and glorify you. Thank you, for being my provider and protector. I love you, Abba!

Lastly, Abba I pray for the reader who is reading this. May you use my life to speak to whatever they may be facing in their life right now. I pray that you would meet them in the place that they are and administer to whatever brokenness that they have right now. I pray, that they may know your peace that surpasses all human understanding and that they have or will have a personal relationship with you. I thank you, for them and the unique person that you have fashioned them to be. Help them to see the beauty in every day and your beautiful reminders of your love for them.

You are so good God and I am thankful for the days that you have set for me. help me to glorify your name with those days.

In Jesus precious name,
Amen

I hope that this post has blessed or spoken to you in some way. 

-Stormy   

No comments: