Monday, October 13, 2014

Dear Men

I have felt a need to write an open letter to the men around me. I pray that this may bless you in some way.

Dear Men,
I would like to take the time to say thank you. Thank you, for all the things that you do for the ladies around you. I know that often we don't seem to appreciate you and your acts of kindness. Often your gestures of kindness are shut down in the name of "women's rights".  I have watched as true gentlemen are constantly made fun of or ignored. As a result I have witnessed gentlemen less eager to do things for the ladies around them. I am truly sorry if at any time that I have been anything less than appreciative. I am realizing, how important it is to say thank you. With that said I would like to say:

Thank you... for opening the doors for us, for not sitting until we sit, for having us go first, for being willing to protect us, for helping us carry the groceries, and for the countless other gestures you do.

Thank you... for putting yourself out there in spite of the possibility of rejection. I know that you have faced heartache and pain due to how we as women respond to you. I am seeing it in a whole new light. How, you put yourself out there for the ladies you pursue or just for your sister's in Christ. Often, your gestures and bravery to do so are looked down upon. You may hear things like: "I've got this", "I can do anything you can do", "I just want to focus on my career", "Why aren't there any good guys left?", "I don't need you to do that for me", "Don't open up my door, I'm not weak", etc. I'm sorry, for all the ways that we discourage you and tear you down and then after speak how there are NO true gentlemen left. I am understanding for the first time how we hurt and discourage the men in our lives. Please, don't give up on the women in your life. Women are under attack from all directions as to how they should be acting. There is a war on biblical womanhood and we need the support from the God fearing men in our lives. As there is a war on us, I see there is a war waged on you. A war on biblical manhood and your role as the leader. I will continue to pray for the men in my life and ask that you pray for the women in your life. May the LORD receive the glory and honor from our lives.

Please, know that each of you hold a very special place in my life. I believe that God brought each of you into my life to teach me and to have a hand in molding me into a woman of biblical character. I ask of you to please be patient with me as I seek the LORD and His direction in my life. As I learn what it means to respect the different roles of men in my life. With each man I respond to differently in my approach and respect. For example: my response and respect for my papa is different than that of my brother in Christ; one day when I get married I will respond to my husband in a radically different way. Nonetheless, I want to show each man in my life respect and honor in correlation to his role in my life. I also respect you all greatly because of the call that God has on your lives. I pray that you all would seek Him and that you lead the women in your life with grace, love, and mercy as Christ leads His church.

In ending, please know that I am thankful for you. I am thankful for all of the lessons that God is using you to teach me. May our gracious and amazing God bless you.

-Stormy

*If you open the door for me or any other gentlemen gesture and I seem taken back it is because I'm not sure how to respond. So please, don't take it personal.    

No comments: