Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Think on that which is...

I honestly, have been struggling the last couple days with my thoughts. Thoughts, from my past that speak lies that I am not beautiful enough, that I'm unworthy, not the proper weight or size, that I don't deserve to have a godly husband (a man who loves the LORD above all else) one day: because of all of the ways that I lack. There has been a war waged in my mind by the enemy. The enemy knows in what areas that I have struggled in the past. I have been drained and weary from the battle. I have had to dig even deeper into the word of God to combat the lies. For in my Lord's word there is truth, I am called to fix my thoughts on those things that are true and noble.  

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." -Philippians 4:8 (NKJV) 

I have been seeking the Lord and His truths. As I have been seeking Him and His face the lies have begun to fade. I believe this is happening because my eyes are fixed on Him. As He fills me and my mind, there is no longer room for the lies that try to haunt me. Some of the truths that I am focusing on is that my worth is of great value... valued enough for my Lord to die on the cross to take my place. That I am beautiful in His eyes and that I am His beloved. If I don't get married, I will be okay. I have a personal relationship with my Jesus and He is my ultimate protector. I am grateful that my heart rests securely in His care. If I don't fit in with those around me that is okay. I am called to be set apart and to shine the light of my King. I want my life to point to Him, His love, mercy, and grace.

As I sit here tonight listening to worship music and reflecting I see the Holy Hand of God on my life. I am blessed, truly blessed beyond compare. He has been teaching me how to rely on Him for ALL of my needs. I am learning how to be truly satisfied and content in Him. What this world has to offer, is nothing compared to the journey and relationship that I have with my Jesus. He goes before me, never leaves me, and He fights for me. When I press into Him my strength builds and my love for Him deepens. I pray that you, whoever you, are would know of this great love.

I am often asked, why I am so bold on this blog and I would like to end with post with this verse as my response:

"Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." -Matthew 10:27-33 (NKJV)

May God Bless You

-Stormy

I thought I would share this song with you as well:


No comments: