Sunday, October 5, 2014

The last few months...

This post is just going to be a glimpse into my life over the past few months.



In this picture I am laying down a note and flowers on top of the casket of my beloved "god-mom". I tried so very hard to keep it together that day, to be strong. Yet, I was falling apart inside. Right after this picture was taken I broke down in tears in my mom's arms. I was saying "goodbye" to a woman who helped raise me and to all the dreams that I hoped to share with her one day. I am blessed to say that I got 18 years with this woman in my life. I look forward to when I get to see her again. 

I went home to visit my dad a few weeks after Allison went to be with the Lord and I wanted to find a way to honor her and her life. So after some time I decided I would donate my hair in her honor. I donated 19 inches of hair to go towards a wig for a woman battling cancer. 



After, donating my hair there were some more things that I did to refocus my grief and to honor the life of the woman who impacted mine. The week before Allison went home she called me. A phone call I shall always treasure. As we were getting ready to hangup the phone, I promised her I would come visit her when I came up next (that was a couple weeks away). Our last words to each other where "I love you"... what a blessing! I had made a promise... one I intended on keeping. This is just not how I pictured my "visit" with Allison. I know she isn't here and that she is with the LORD. However, for my own heart I had to keep my promise. It brought some closer and I was able to express out loud the depth of my heartache. 



As I prepared to come back to Ephraim I found a card Allison had written me back in Middle school. I also, participated in a Relay for Life in Allison's memory on the 1st of August. Team Allison, raised $400 dollars to go towards cancer research. My friend Sarah and I walked 15 miles that night. It was a hard night, yet it was nothing like many I know who have or are enduring cancer. Allison, made a mark in this world for the glory of her King. Now, she is at peace with Him who she served and loved. I was blessed to know Allison and my life is forever different because of her.  I look forward to sharing stories one day of this amazing woman with my children.

Flash forward to August I was back at work. I love working with preschoolers. There is never a dull moment that's for sure! This year was different than last year. I had to say goodbye to the teacher I worked with last year Jodi. Her husband got a job in Rhode Island. The team had to change... we hired two new teachers and I got a promotion. There are of course hard days, but the good outweighs those moments. I love the ladies I work with. I am truly blessed!

My mom called me one morning and asked me to come over. When I did she had me sit on her couch. That's when she poured her heart out to me and then presented me with a small box. Inside, that small box was a silver ring with the word daughter engraved on it. My mom and I haven't always had the best of relationships. However, God is restoring our relationship and it is becoming much stronger than what it has been in a very long time. I love her and I am grateful that God is restoring that which has been broken.

I have been blessed with amazing friend times and new experiences in the last month. I was able to go camping, enjoy and marvel at God's creation, spend quality time with friends laughing, forging new relationships, and learning how to play chess. I am blessed daily on who God brings into my life and the impacts that they make. Every, person has made an impact in my life. No matter how small... every impact is important. I hope that I am making an equal impact in the lives of those around me. I pray that they see the light of Jesus in me. I want to decrease and I want Him to increase. May my life be a light for His glory and kingdom.


The remaining pictures are of God's creation, and of the chess board when I was learning how to play. Caleb, was a great teacher and was very patient (Never, try playing while working a cafe shift). I hope  you enjoyed
seeing just a glimpse into the life of Stormy. I take my days one at a time and try to stay focused on what is directly in front of me. I pray, that I am bring honor to the name of my daddy here on earth and more importantly my Father in heaven.




- Stormy







No comments: