My heart is burdened tonight for the lost. While out for my evening walk with a dear sister in Christ/friend. A car full of "boys" (I refuse to call them men, because they didn't display the character of one) kept driving by. It hurt my heart to hear the words they were saying and the gestures that they were doing (I'm naive at times, but I knew it meant nothing good or respectful). I kept talking and we kept walking ignoring them the best that we could. I am one who doesn't speak up unless the LORD leads me. I don't want to do things out of my "flesh" and or say something that makes the situation worse.
The reason, I write this is because I know that there are gentlemen out there. Men who lead and love their families well. I have only encountered maybe 10 true gentlemen in my singleness and I am often taken back by them. The old fashioned heart that God created me with, delights when it witnesses a glimpse of what once was treasured. What I experienced this evening was a glimpse of what is valued in today's society. I want to be respected and to be treasured. Women are not a pieces of "meat" for men's enjoyment. We are beautiful creations of the Maker of the the heavens and the earth. I honestly, felt hopeless when it happened. Will I ever find one who my heart delights in (besides the LORD), One who is a gentleman, a man willing to lead and to protect? That is what is was rolling through my mind. My LORD, reminded me that He is the author and finisher of my life. If He wills me to be married, then He will bring the one He has for me into my life at the perfect time. So I surrendered once again my hearts desire to be a wife and mama.
My heart, still breaks for the generation behind me and the generations behind them. They are losing or have lost the beauty of Biblical womanhood and manhood. They don't see the purpose behind the way things once were. They hold onto their new ideas of what is right. Rejecting what the LORD has established. I am seeing many Christians in a "slumber" or our world trying to silence the voices of the awake Believers. Where do I stand? I don't want to be the lukewarm Christian like I once was in High school and first part of college. I was in a "slumber", I was led astray and ended up down a path of heartache. I don't want to be cold and just going with the flow of the world. I want to be "HOT" or on fire for the LORD. My greatest desire is that they (those around me) would know that I am a follower of Jesus. I will keep praying for the generations that are behind me. May the LORD use my life as a testimony of His goodness and saving Grace.
If the LORD, wills and I get to be a mama to boys my prayer is that I would raise them to be men after His heart and gentlemen. To the men and women, who have raised the gentlemen that I have encountered. Your sons are an encouragement and a breath of fresh air in a world that screams the opposite. The women who they marry will be lucky and I know well cared for. Thank you, for giving me hope that there are still men who value the LORD and His word above all else. I was starting to lose hope that it was a lost cause.
Men, if you are reading this... please don't treat women like "meat" or property. They were created to be your help and companion (I might get slack for that). Treasure her and treat her right. She gives respect when respect is given. Please, don't talk down to her or abuse her. The things you say do affect her more than you know. Also, men respect your moms. They might not be the best mom or they may have hurt you. In the end she is your mom. Love her and show her grace. Know that I do value the role of men and I would like to share a link to a blog post I did in October (it is an open letter to the men in my life): http://stormyinetown.blogspot.com/2014/10/dear-men.html
"Abba,
Please, raise up a generation who's hearts are for you and who want to live a life that reflect you. Help them to resist the temptations of this world and to hold fast to your truth. Lead them to be men and women who you created them to be. Shape them into men and women of Biblical character. May you break their hearts for what breaks yours. May they be a generation that speaks your truth and shines brightly in the darkness of this world. Abba, I trust you and I know that you created me with my heart and passions for a reason. Use me for your glory and honor. Please, help me to be a woman who seeks you above all else and to be a woman of Biblical character. I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman in whatever season that you have me in (singleness or marriage). I love you and I am blessed to be changed by you. May you increase and I decrease.
In Jesus precious Holy name,
Amen"
I have a hope for this generation and the generations after. We just have to be a light and shine. If you don't know the love and forgiveness of Jesus I pray that you find it. Know that you aren't guaranteed a tomorrow. Please, don't take your life for granted. I want to see you in heaven one day, in the presence of the Great I AM.
-Stormy
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment