Thursday, June 4, 2015

"Wreck" me for your glory


The song that I linked above speaks of the cry of my heart. While I was in Indiana, I would listen to this song daily and pray this over my days. He answered my prayers and I surely was wrecked for His glory and my good while I was there. I had to take my thoughts captive and to dig deeper into my God's word as I went through the waves. He held me tightly as I was hit by a tidal wave of pain and then His grace overtook that which was meant to crush me. I have come out of my time stronger and with clear vision of what He is calling me to.

He is calling me to remain true to the convictions that He has placed in my heart from the time I was young. I am being asked to be bold for Him and to embrace the fact that He has set me apart. I am not made to conform to the patterns of the world. Others may not understand or agree with the stances that I take throughout my life. That I may face backlash from family, friends, or strangers. But all of that is okay because I am in Him. I rest completely in Him and He is the one who knows all of my days. I want to use the days that are fashioned for me to glorify Him and not myself. I desperately want Him to increase and for myself to decrease. I want to see the world and myself through His eyes. I want to love others well and pour into their lives from the outpouring of the Lord in my life.

I want others that don't know my beautiful Jesus to get a glimpse of Him in my life. I want Him to shine brightly through me in my reactions and daily life.

"LORD, may you "wreck" me for your glory. In the wrecking of my flesh and self you are able to increase in my life. People see more of you and less of me. I want to shine so brightly with you Abba that there is no question to who my heart fully belongs to. I will keep my eyes on you and I know that your plans are to prosper and not to harm me. Uphold, me my anchor when the heartaches of this world hit me. I surrendered my heart to you long ago. I trust you with all of my heart and I know that what does get through your hands that ends up breaking my heart. Does not surprise you for you allowed it. To refine and shape me into the woman who you long me to be. You put limitations on what can be done to me. But I know that all of it is ultimately for your glory and my good/growth. Thank you, for wrecking me in Indiana. Because, in that I saw you my LORD in a whole knew light. Once, again you showed me that you can be trusted. I surrender all of my deepest desires to you and your will. I know in your timing and will you make all things clear. My life tapestry may look like many unfinished or unanswered "strings". I know from your point of view the story of my life will glorify you and be beautiful. I trust you and I rest securely in you. -Amen"

Whoever, is reading this my prayer for you is that if you don't know Jesus that you would come to know the depth of His love for you. He is worth trusting your heart and life to.

In Christ,
-Stormy      

No comments: