I just got back from my trip to Indiana. I had a wonderful time seeing friends and meeting new people. I got to go to the Creation Museum for the first time as well as speak to a large group on Sunday during a combined Sunday School. I wasn't sure how it went or how well my testimony or my parent's testimony would be received. God has been so faithful in showing me that my redemption story of His saving Grace in my life shines brightly and impacts others for His glory. I have received many thank you e-mails and those have served as a huge encouragement to me. I have come away from my trip even more founded in my relationship with Jesus. I have grown so much in these last two weeks. It has been two weeks of surrendering and letting go of my plans.
Each morning, I awoke to having my alone time with my LORD for the first two hours of the day. I dug deep into His word and couldn't get enough of His faithful word. I spent time in prayer and worship surrendering my will and desires for that day to Him. I wanted Him to be glorified in all that I did while I was there. If it was through my reaction to working with my hands, in my attention to others (encouragement, time spent, written notes, or gifts), and in how I reacted to remarks made to me. I wanted Him to shine above all and for others to see that He is the one who leads me. He holds my heart and I trust Him with it. He is the one who has mended the brokenness that once was there. I know that He protects it and what does end up breaking my heart He will redeem it for His glory and my good.
I know that what He has for me is far greater than what I have for myself. He is the author and finisher of my life. One of my verses right now is this one:
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." -Romans 2:20
It is now no longer my life that I live but His. May He increase in my life and I decrease. I surrender, my desire to be a wife and a mama one day. A woman who raises her children in the Lord. I pray that if it is His will that those desires be fulfilled. But I know that even if He doesn't answer my prayer the way that I would like. That His will is best for me. Please, keep me in your prayers as I take up my "cross" daily and follow after Him. I press on towards the goal set before me.
Indiana, was a reminder that God is working all things together in my life for His glory and my good. I was shown that there is a much larger "body" of Christ than I was aware of and to be welcomed and loved by them was a blessing. I got to see a glimpse of what my life might look like if I lived there. I now wait and seek my LORD for clear direction in my life. If that is now or a year from now.
"Lord, where you go or lead I will go. You are my portion and anchor who will uphold me through all that this life brings my way. I love you and I am thankful for your grace that I receive daily. May I shine and grow deeper in your word where ever you have me planted. Thank you, for the chance to go to Indiana and be blessed (even in the heart-aching times). You used this time to shape me even more into the woman you want me to be. May you increase in my life and I decrease. I love you more than my words can express." -Amen
I would like to end with a song that was one that I would listen to right before I would start my day while in Indiana:
Thank you, for reading my post. Remember that you are loved by the creator of the Universe. The cry of my heart is that you would find the love, grace, and mercy that I have found in Jesus. He alone, is able to fulfill my heart and then what pours out of my life comes from Him. That is why it is SO important to have time in His word being filled. I am grateful for the work He has and is still doing in my life.
-Stormy


No comments:
Post a Comment