I decided that I was going to look up the definition of insecurity. This is what I found:
in·se·cu·ri·ty
noun
- 1.uncertainty or anxiety about oneself; lack of confidence."she had a deep sense of insecurity
- 2.the state of being open to danger or threat; lack of protection."growing job insecurity"
You may be wondering why I decided to define it for you. It might be a well used word. I wanted to look at it in the definition so I could look deeper to what is going on within me. I am going to be completely open and honest with you right now. I have been battling against the insecurity that once riddled my mind 5 years ago. I have had lies that I use to believe about who I was, whispered to me. I have had to engage in active battle to take my thoughts captive and replace those lies with the truth.
I have heard lies spoken that I will never get married because of all of the ways that I lack. I am not the perfect size and that I am not stunning enough for someone to marry me. Lies, that told me that I too fat in comparison to everyone else.
It took me a day to realize what was going on. I was under attack and I had to rebuke the enemy from my mind. He has no authority over me or my mind. I belong to Jesus and He has already won this battle! I have overcome through the power of the cross. I no longer have to strive for that which the world states is perfection. I am stunning in Jesus.
I want to apologize to those around me. These have been some really hard last few weeks. I am sorry, for all the ways that I have put myself down in front of you. That is something that I should have never done. But how easy is it to pull ones self apart. In doing so I was defaming the name of my LORD. He created me for a purpose and how I am for a reason. I allowed my sight to be clouded for a time. My God pursued me and tore down the walls that were starting to build back up around my heart. He is unstoppable in His love for me. My prayer, is that with each day that I would see myself a little bit more like He sees me. How blessed I am to be loved by the Father who's love is so relentless that He was willing to send His Only Son to save me. By the precious blood of Jesus, I have been saved and I am freed from the chains of my past. I am asking for your forgiveness.
I want you to know that it is okay to be authentic and real with what you are facing. Not only with those around you, but most importantly with the God who loves you so deeply that He died for you. He knows your name and He wants to tend to your brokenness. Are you willing to surrender it to Him? It isn't always easy. But the refining has been well worth it. He is Good even in the face of the battle. My prayer, is that you too will experience the love that is so unstoppable that He is willing to meet you where you are. His hand is reaching out to you... the next step is yours.
-Stormy

No comments:
Post a Comment