Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Reflecting, with a grateful heart...

I am sitting here watching the snow dance across the sky outside my window. My friend, is listening to Christmas music. I am finding myself reflect on on life these past 9 years in Ephraim and how far God has brought me.

Through looking back I see how God’s hand was on me and my life during all of my years thus far. Especially, I see how He surrounded me with believers and how He placed me in a Christian Ministry where I was poured into and loved. It was a safe place to heal and deal with the underlining roots of my inner turmoil. I have since matured in my faith under the leadership and discipleship of many Christians. I wouldn’t change anything over the past nine years. Because, it has been nine years of extreme trusting God and allowing Him to heal and change my shattered heart.  I am the woman I am because God used His people to speak His truth and point me towards His loving grace.

Looking back I see that my desperate need to extremely trust Him and allow Him to heal me will not change until I hear those words “Well done my good and faithful servant, well done”. For I am
 “confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in [me] will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” –Philippians 1:6

Until I hear those words spoken, I know that my heart will need to be mended and cared for. That my walk isn't always going to be "rainbows and sunshine". I know, that I will face opposition and even hate at times. I just have to remind myself that if I am hated, Jesus was hated first. I wear His name and I am set apart for a purpose. I made the choice to follow after Jesus, one choice I don't regret. I am standing here only by the love, grace, and mercy of my LORD. My deepest desire is that my life will bring the LORD glory and honor all the days of my life. May I continue to decrease while He increases in me. I want the majority of my life to point to Jesus, whom saved me from a life of destruction/pain. I desperately, want others to know of the saving power found through Jesus and Him alone. Nothing, that we as humans  do to fulfill the void within will satisfy. My freedom and growth truly began when I openly surrendered my life to the maker of the Universe, my creator. It is now no longer my story, I get to take part in a much bigger story. One that points to Jesus. I pray that you whoever reads this would or has "come to see what the LORD has done." Jesus entered this world as a baby and grew into a man. He did ministry here for 3 years and then He laid down His life on the cross for us all. He laid in a tomb for three days. Then on that glorious day, he came forth from the grave. He took His life back up and in one full swing he defeated the grip of sin and its wage on humanity, death. I pray that you have that sweet and personal relationship with the one who did all of that. I do and it has been the biggest adventure of my life. Nothing, can or will compare to the loving and saving grace of Jesus.

I hope and pray that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. This is a perfect time to reflect on all that the LORD has done in our lives. With closing, I want to say: "I love you LORD and I am beyond grateful for who you are to me. Please, continue to shape me into the woman you want me to be. A woman, who reflects you far and beyond herself.  Thank you, for your loving and saving grace."

-Stormy

No comments: