![]() |
| Annie & Peter in the early 90's (A Screenshot from a video on Youtube) |
I would like to share a story with you... it began many years ago when I was about three and half years old. It is one of my very first memories. It was the early 90's, my mom and her dear friend heard that a Christian artist was going to be doing a concert in Pioneer Park in Provo. I have bits of that day of the concert etched in my mind. It was raining and I remember there was talk that the concert was going to have to be canceled. Everyone, joined in prayer. At the end of the prayer, the rain parted and the sun shined brightly. A woman, with dark curly hair and her band got on the stage. She sang her heart out for the Lord. I was drawn to her. I don't remember, much after that because my brother's friend got hurt and we all had to leave the concert early. I was drawn to Annie's music.
![]() |
| Me around 3 1/2 |
I remember, we got her first CD around the time I went to Preschool. I LOVED it, I would listen to it (along with Carmen) and sing my heart out before Preschool every day. I would continue to listen to her music all the way throughout my school years. My mom, didn't know what happened to Annie and we only had her first CD Courage. I basically, took ownership of the Courage CD. Fast forward, I was in high school and my parents got us a computer. I needed it for homework assignments. I remember, when we got the internet for the first time. I was able to search for people that other wise I would never have known what happened to them. I sat there in front of the computer screen and I looked over seeing my Courage CD. I then proceeded to type in "Annie Meadows" into the search engine. That is when I saw her website right there in front of me. She had since released other CD's. I clicked, on the tour button and realized that she was coming to Utah. I e-mailed her asking for more details about her Utah concert. I told my parents that I had e-mailed her. My mom told me not to expect an answer because usually artist don't respond to their own e-mails. A couple days went by and right there in my inbox was a message from Annie.
We continued to message back and forth until her concert a couple months later. That is when we met face to face. I remember, clearly she welcomed me with a great big hug. We chatted for a moment before the concert and after. She held my hands as she prayed for me before I left. I walked away that night with a new CD and a new friendship. We kept e-mailing back and forth all throughout my High School years. I would go to her for prayer and I would pray for her. I saw her again, the year I graduated High School. Once, again I was over joyed to see Annie and to chat with her for a bit in person.
I graduated, and went away to college and Annie stepped up in ways that I wasn't expecting. She was there for me through some of the darkest times in my life thus far. She would pray for me and speak God's truth into my situations. We were able to see each other a few other times during my college years. One of those times was when I was able to go stay with some family and see Annie's Christmas concert. I was able to spend some time with her and to meet her husband Peter. We went out to dinner and just had a good time. I loved, spending time with them and not having to rush. They took me back to my cousin's home. I said, goodbye to them and then went back home to Utah.
The year continued to go by and not only had I gained friendships with Annie and Peter. Now looking back not only did I gain my "mom in the faith", I gained "parents in the faith". Many times they have come alongside me and encouraged me. I have wished many times to spend more time with them in person. God answered that prayer when

I recently, was able to go visit my parents in the faith for a day. I never, realized how much Annie and Peter truly meant to me until just a couple weeks ago. I knew, that I loved and cared for them. However, when I got word that Peter was in the hospital my world began to shake again. I was hours away and no way to be there for either one of them. Then adding the possibility, of losing someone else I love shook me to the core. I started calling on people to join me in prayer. I prayed and cried a lot that night. I clung onto my Bible that night like I have done many, many times before. I awoke, to my Bible being opened (not closed like when I fell asleep) to the book of Matthew. In the chapters it speaks of many healings that took place. I then, was overcome with great peace. I knew that God was healing Peter and would continue to heal him.
Peter, was released from the hospital and is now home recovering. He has quite a road of recovery in front of him. Please, join me in praying for him. I know and believe that God is going to use this for His glory. Peter is an amazing man of God and seeks to serve Him. May many come to know the LORD and His mercy through this.
I am blessed to know that these two amazing followers of Jesus are in my corner. That they cover me in prayer and I know that I can come to them with anything. I am one lucky girl! Not only do I have my parents, I have my parents in the faith spurring me on in the faith and to follow hard after Jesus. I look forward to my next visit with my "parents in the faith".
I love you, Annie and Peter!
May the LORD, be blessed and honored in me and my life.
-Stormy



No comments:
Post a Comment