Have
you ever been bound by fear or worries of this life? I have been consumed by
both. There have been times that I have been paralyzed by my fear. Once I
decided to take a look at time the root of my fear, I found that it was rooted
in the fear of not measuring up. What if I don't meet their standards? What if
I don't pass? What if I let them down? What if I do something that they don't
like? Those are just some of the many questions I have asked myself throughout
the years. I was bound in these fears and worries.
Honestly, I still find
myself fearful at times, What if I don't fit the standards of those around me. What
if I let them down and as a result I hurt them or get hurt. Fear I have found can be crippling and paralyzing. I have been stuck in sheer panic, because I allowed the fear to take root deep within my mind. Even though I have been paralyzed by fear, God has used it for His glory. In those moments, He took the time to speak truths and to teach me how to truly trust Him. I have moments still where I am still overcome by my fear. Yet, it doesn't last as long as once before. It comes down to taking the thoughts captive before they can root within my mind.
I may never meet their standards and I may let others down. Yet, above it all He is alone worth it all. He is enough and He alone can feel the hole in our lives. I've heard that there is a God shaped hole in each of our lives that nothing ever will be able to fill. I can say, that I have found that to be the truth. There was a hole in my life that nothing I tried to fill it with would satisfy my need to fill it. I had come to know Jesus at a young age. Yet, I had not truly surrendered to Him and I became ashamed of His calling on my life. I was a teenager and I didn't fit in and being a different faith than those around me didn't help. Even with all of that I would not go back and change one thing from my past. Why?, God used it to shape me into the woman I am today.
I have accepted the call on my life. The call to share Him and the good news that I have found in Him with those who will listen. I am taking steps of faith and opening up with people like I have never done before. I am loved and cherished in Him. I do not need to worry about the expectations of man. He alone, is the one who governs my days. Every breath is a blessing and in that I want to use the time that is left in my allotted time to bring glory and honor to His name.
I would like to end with saying this:
"I am Stormy, and I am a follower of Jesus (the only begotten Son of God). I have been changed and for the better by the nail pierced hands of my Savior. I am living proof that His word is truly alive and active. Sharper than a two edged sword. I am a Christian and I am not ashamed."
-Stormy

1 comment:
Beautifully written. Amen
Post a Comment