Sunday, September 6, 2015

I am already His bride...

A few weekend's ago I attended a night of Worship at a local church up North (where 5 churches were represented). We joined together and lifted our voices in praise to the One who is the Almighty, the Great I AM. Something, that was said that night pierced my heart. One of my friends, who led the night told us all there that "We are already His Bride". I realized something amazing that night. I am already a bride. I am one of many who make up the bride of Christ.

You may be asking what does this have to do with anything or what is the significance? You see I am the beloved of Jesus. I am apart of the "church" of Christ. Which is made up many different members who call upon the name of Jesus for their salvation. The ones who believe that it is by His grace and grace alone for salvation. Through His blood and His laying down His life we can have true life. He rose on the third day and now awaits until it is time for Him to come and get His "Bride" the church (the church is not just one particular church).

I make up a small part of the Bride of Christ. I am just one of the many who call upon the name of Jesus for their Salvation. I am waiting patiently for my LORD like a Bride waits for her groom. As I wait for Him. I am reminded how faithful He has been and will always be. He is the one who made my story beautiful. It is now no longer one of despair and striving for love that He alone can give. It is now a story of redemption, hope, forgiveness, and love. I didn't have to prove or do anything to deserve His love. He loved me in spite of myself and my failures. I am loved by the creator of the Universe. He has removed my sin and shame. I am covered by His righteousness and not my own filthy rags. I am not defined by my past and my past struggles. I am a new creation. I can see the change in me over the years. My life is marked with His finger prints. The change that has happened within me is nothing that I could do on my own. I tried for years to "fix" my problems. I needed Him to help me with the true issue my heart issue. I surrendered control and took that first step of complete faith 8 years ago. There has been many ups and downs throughout that time. Yet, He has remained faithful through it all. He met me on my kitchen floor and spoke His truth to me. I saw the true beauty in His nail pierced hands and feet for the first time. He went to the depths of despair to rescue me from myself.  

If I get to be a bride in this life or not, I am a bride none the less. I know, I will be completely satisfied in Him and I know that what He has for me is far greater than what I could ever dream up for myself. I openly surrender my life and my desire to be a wife and mama. Because, in Him I am whole. those things don't define my worth. To be a bride is a representative of the truest form of love... Jesus and His "church". I am grateful to say that I have found the love that is so pure, Love who was willing to die on my behalf. Love, that was willing to meet me in the loneliness of my "walls". Love, that shattered all that bound me. Love, that is eternal. The LORD, is the love that I speak of. I am His "bride" and I await His return or when He calls me home. Until then I will serve Him and go where He leads me.    

-Stormy

No comments: