Sunday, July 5, 2015

His love has won

Here is something I wrote on June 28th on my Facebook: 
(The picture is an example of one of the many ways He reminds me of His love for me)

I keep hearing this "Love Wins". However, in the last few days I have witnessed as the symbol of the truest form was pushed aside and "forgotten". You see, the symbol that I speak of is that of the "rugged" cross. Where my LORD, Willingly laid down His life for all of mankind. He bore that which I deserved and placed His righteousness upon me (when I surrendered my life and accepted Him as my LORD). You see, death on the cross was the most horrific way to die. It was torment on the one hanging there, and they were placed out there for all to see. Jesus, being perfectly blameless (as a lamb to the slaughter), took my place on the cross.
The cross is now no longer a thing to be ashamed of. For there is power in the cross. For on the cross my Jesus, shed His blood to cover me/my sins and then surrendered His spirit after these words: "It is finished". Conquering death and sin in one breath. The breath that entered His lungs as He took His life back after 3 days. There is no longer a need for a High Priest (because Jesus is the living High Priest that goes into the father on our behalf: Hebrews 4:14). Jesus, was the ultimate sacrifice and God's righteous wrath was fulfilled.
At the foot of the cross, I surrendered my life and became a new creation. The old me was crucified with Jesus and the new Stormy was raised in Him. My King, my Lord, is not dead, He is not just another man, He is the Great I AM, the word became flesh, He is the one who breathes into my lungs daily. My life is not longer mine, but His.
I see the cross not as rugged, but wondrous. I stand in awe that the prince of glory died and that at the cross is where His mercy shines for us in such a powerful way. There is no depth that His love, mercy, and forgiveness can not touch. I pray that you, my beloved friends and family would know this depth of love if you do not already know it for yourselves. I don't regret following Him. I don't regret my life story... because in it He shines and He can use it for His glory. I testify of a love so deep and of a God so wonderful. It is by His grace and grace alone that I am saved.
The point of this post is to proclaim that I am not ashamed of the cross or the gospel of Jesus Christ. In Him I am new and free. The greatest desire of my heart is to proclaim the glorious love that I have found in Jesus. His love has won!
Here is a song that I love:

No comments: