Saturday, February 14, 2015

I am Loved by the Creator


Today, is Valentine's Day. I have experienced and was expecting to wake up this morning with a heartache of being single on a day that is known to celebrate couples. I awoke to a peace and not one of dreading today. I am spending my day as one in relaxing, spending some quiet worship time with the Lord and then spending the evening with a few friends. I may not be in a relationship and I may not know what it means to be in one. But I do know what a relationship with the Most High God is like. I am blown away so often on how He works in my life. I know that I am not perfect and that I fall short on a daily basis. But I find great peace and joy in the Lord. I know that it is not by what I can do, but by the fact that I am covered by the precious blood of Jesus. He loves me enough to take nails in His hands and feet, a pierced side, and a death on a cross for me. He endured my wrath and debt. He paid my ransom. He rose from the grave and He is currently with God the father at His right hand. When the father looks at me He sees the perfectness of the Son, the lamb of God. 

I await the day when I am called home and I will be able to dwell in the shelter of my God for eternity. I know that in my waiting and life here on earth the Lord is working it all together for my good and His glory. I am choosing to rest in Him and His promise. I am who His beloved and what more could I ask for? I am loved by the creator of the universe. I pray, that you who read this blog post would know this love and experience it for yourself. For love is not truly found in the things that we buy for Valentines. Love, in it's perfect example is found in the cross of Jesus. Life is short and know that today is a blessing. I am thanking my Lord for another day to worship Him and the chance to proclaim Him. 

I would like to end this post with this video... what is the Gospel?:

  

No comments: