Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Word for 2015

Usually, I try to pick a word for the new year. In past years I have done Redeemed, Forgiven, Loved, Chosen, Faithfulness, and for this year Sovereign. You may be wondering why Sovereign and what do I mean by that word. I came to the conclusion that it was my word after talking to my Best Friend. Sovereign, in that God is Sovereign over me and my life. He has me in His hand and that I can trust Him. Whatever, this year brings I know that He is sovereign. He is not going to forsake me in this coming year and He is not going to all of a sudden forget that I am His. He is the everlasting God and nothing sneaks past Him. I have trust in my God and I know that I am safe under His "wings".

May this year be of me abiding in Him and trusting in His Sovereignty in my life (even when I can't make sense of it). My prayer is that this year I grow deeper in my love for Him, His word, His people (the body of Christ), and the Lost. May He use my life to bring glory and honor to His name. "Abba, please help me to dwell in you. Less of me God and more of you. Help me to die to self and serve others with gladness. Please, soften my heart in the areas that needs it. Help me to be transparent in how you have changed me and for me not to forget how you've changed me. I love you! -Amen"

-Stormy

Here is a song that I love to listen to right now:


No comments: