Friday, September 5, 2014

He is indeed Sovereign

It has been a couple months since the last time I wrote. My heart has had some time to adjust the the loss that it has had to endure over the last year. Work is back into full swing at the preschool and I am loving working with "my" kids again. I am just trying to get back to a new normal all the while still allowing the moments of grief that I need. 

On a different note I have been doing some pondering because, a question was recently asked "what has God been doing and teaching you over this last year?". The LORD has been teaching me a lot over the last year. The one topic that has been the most prevalent is that He is sovereign. He has and will continue to be sovereign in the deep heartache and questions that this life brings. I have learned that no matter the cry of my heart, He is there listening and comforting me. Even when I am angry and just don't know what to do... He is sovereign. He wants me to come into His presence and speak to Him no matter the condition of my heart. Because, in meeting Him in all the rawness of my emotions I find healing. He tends to my brokenness and binds my heart back together. My God is SOVEREIGN... what peace that brings. I don't have to make myself perfect or try on my own before I go before Him. What a relief that is... I can come to my ABBA in tears or in joy and He remains there on His thrown. He is able to tend to my needs, all the while tending to the needs of others who enter before Him. I have learned through knowing that He is sovereign is that I can trust Him in everything. So even though I don't know the answers as to where my brother is or why I have had to endure so much loss in the last few years... I do know that He is sovereign. 

So many look at my life and think that I have it all together but I don't. Through God's grace alone do I do anything that I do. The strength I have is not mine but His. I am learning what it means to be content in God's sovereignty and timing. It has been a hard year, yet with all that is in me I can say that He is indeed sovereign.

-Stormy

No comments: