Thursday, June 12, 2014

With Joy and Heartache

Today, I grieve not as the world grieves. My beautiful god-mom was called home by her Savior Jesus. I know she was met with the words "well done my good and faithful servant, well done." Her faith and courage as she battled lung cancer for 3 years was beyond anything I have ever seen. She impacted my life in so many amazing ways. My spirit rejoices because she is in the presence of he Lord and Savior. She is whole and with the one she served so faithfully. Yet, my heart cries and tears roll down my face. I miss her so very much already and I look forward to when I get to join her one day.

I praise my God, He is worthy of my praise even in the deepest heartache. I will continue to serve my King and honor the legacy of the woman who did so much to pour into my life. I will add more of my memories of her at a later date. I just needed to express the emotion that I feel right now. There is rejoicing in heaven for one of the Lord's saints has been brought home.

Please, life is short don't waste time and take a day for granted. You are not guaranteed a tomorrow.

I love you, but most importantly Jesus loves you.

-Stormy

 Allison and I at a 5K I did in her honor last year. "I love you Allison and I am grateful for the years God blessed me with to have with you. Until I see you again... Please, save a place for me at His feet."

No comments: