Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reflection

As I sit here sipping on my cup of coffee, I can't help but reflect on the grace of the LORD. I reflect on all that He has done for me over the past year. He has done things for me that I in no way deserve, but He does them because He loves me. It all started when He took my place on the cross. My Lord, took my sins and in return I was given His holiness. The good in me is the light of my King shining through me. Sometimes, I lose sight of this fact. I get wrapped up in my life and the troubles that I face. In these moments I tend to push Him away. As a result I have a distance from my first love and all by my own doing. He does not force me to stay in His presence. My heart has needed this rest over the last two weeks. I know that God knew that I needed this time to turn back to Him, where I am truly at home.

The flame that was starting to dim, has begun to flicker once again. I feel my LORD doing a work in my heart. He is refining me and I am grateful. That may sound crazy, but in these refining moments I get to be made even more in the reflection of the one who created me. I am learning that even if it seems impossible at the time to trust Him. His plans are so much greater than mine. This last year, I was left so broken and I felt as if He had abandoned me. I was jobless, after 2 1/2 years of searching. I remember it well, I was at church and completely broken. I opened my hands and surrendered my plans to Him. I went on living and not even a week later I was offered a job. I moved back to Ephraim and now I am working with some amazing people. I have an amazing church family and roommates. My life isn't by any means perfect. I have my ups and downs like anyone else. One thing is different though... my life isn't my own. It is His who bought it with the ultimate price, His own life. His love for me is relentless and He showers me with new mercies every morning.

May the LORD, be glorified in my life. I can't help but think of a song called "I Surrender", it expresses the cry of my spirit.



Remember this, I love you but more importantly Jesus loves you.
Stormy

No comments: