Wednesday, May 7, 2014

He is my Strength and He is Faithful

There has been some major things that have been going on in my life over the last year. I feel like I say that every time I write. In the past year my brother has went missing and two of my Aunt's passed away (5 months apart). It has been a roller coaster of emotions and thoughts. Moments of strength and then moments of complete brokenness. My strength is from the One who gave me life and supplies the breath to my lungs, my LORD and creator.

Often I hear the words that I am such a strong person. I would like to take this time to respond. The only strength that I have when it comes to heartache and just daily trials comes from the strength of the Lord. I can do ALL things in Him who gives me strength. He does give me the strength and sometimes I just need to be broken (that's ok too). When the hard times come I try to keep my eyes focused on Him and to praise Him through it. There are plenty of times I will say with tears running down my face: "The Lord gives, the Lord takes... blessed be the name of the Lord." It helps me keep perspective and that He is the Lord of everything. Everything I have and am is because of His grace and mercy not of my own doing. I don't need to be perfect to be at His feet... for in my weakness He shines all the brighter.

Even with all the heartbreak and all the pain that I have had in my life thus far. I would not change one of the moments. Because in them all I have seen and met my God in a new way. All the way growing and developing into the woman that He created me to be. The journey ahead of me may not always be easy and I may not understand... but one thing I do know and understand is that my God is Faithful and that He is moving in my life.

In closing I would like to share these two songs with you that express this post and my heart:





Lastly, remember that Jesus loves you.

-Stormy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you blogged. I do too. Love your faith! I'm saving this blog to my favs!