Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Contentment...

What do you think of when you hear the word contentment? I know that for years I have battled with contentment in my own life. I would say that I was content and really I was not. If you were to take a good look at my heart, you would see the truth. A few months ago I was given two devotionals on contentment. It has truly helped me to see it in a whole new light. For the first time in a very long time (if ever) have I been content. However, there always seems to be something that causes you to check your heart and see if you are really content. 

My prayer for my life right now is to be content with where my Lord has me right now. Not where He has had me or where He will have me. I am to live the present not for things of the past or future. If I do I will miss what He has for me now. He has me here for such a time as this. I may not know what He is doing or where He is taking me. But the one thing that I do know is that He is God and that He is sovereign. 

So I start walking day by day, moment by moment to be content with what God is doing. This does not mean that I just sit on the side lines waiting. I will walk by faith and listen for His still small voice calling out. I am beyond in love with my Jesus. He brings such joy, peace, and love into my life. I am truly a new creation in Him. All glory goes to my King! 

My question is this: Are you content with where He has placed you? If not are you truly trusting Him?

Remember I love you but most importantly Jesus loves you.

Stormy

No comments: