I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:12-13
I am learning the meaning of being content in all things. I have never went hungry or without, God has always taken care of me. I've watched over the years as my parents struggled, wondering where the next meal would come from. But God always came through, it may have been through the next door neighbors dropping groceries off on our front door because they felt like we needed it. Or the people in our lives that would show up and give us money. And I watched as my parents praised God. For these people didn't know we were struggling, but they always showed up when we needed it the most. God is SO AWESOME, that I can't even tell you the half of His AWESOMENESS!
The verse at the top of this post, is becoming my life verse. I can do anything and everything through Jesus who gives me the strength. It amazes me how people can turn and denies that there is a God after everything that He has done for them. I'm reading the book of Numbers right now. I look and see how God delivers the people of Israel from the land of Egypt, parts the red see so they can get across, provides them with Manna, makes the bitter water sweet, and shows them some of His GLORY. But they still curse and whine when they come across a hard situation, and they want to run back to the life that they knew in the land of Egypt. I see this so much today, I've witnessed so many people turn back to their old life. Why?, because this is what they know and what they are comfortable with. A lot of people are afraid of the unknown.
There are times when I'm afraid and wonder what God has awaiting me on the other side. But I welcome this unknown, not because I'm not afraid. But because I get to walk this journey with my Savior. My life in Jesus is one of the most EXCITING things I've ever experienced! It's an AMAZING journey that I would not change for the world.
I hope you are on this journey with me.
I love you all, but more importantly Jesus loves you!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment