Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lies spoken believe them or not

As I write this blog, I am sitting beneath a tree and listening to the choir of birds above me. How many times do I choose to be inside and have the "comforts" of this world, instead of being outside enjoying the beautiful creation that my God crafted? I'm thinking to myself that I really do need to come and embrace the moments God has for me outside. I'm on hiatus from a lot of different things that seem to be wanting the attention that is the time that I have for God. It's a slippery slope that one finds themselves on, it doesn't take much to entrap us in the desires of our sinful natures. At least I find that I start to place my value on how many people write me, text, or call me. When really this is not at all how my worth is determined! I am God's and there is NOTHING that can separate me from His love. My worth is in Him and Him alone, I am who my God says I am. How many times do we listen to the lies that are whispered to us? I know that I do, so many times I give those lies root and the next thing I know my thoughts are riddled with the lie. I am thankful to my God for bringing me as far as He has on my journey of freedom. I now am more aware of the lies being whispered to me in my deepest loneliness. I am now able to lean on my God and His words of life to find strength to combat whatever I am facing at the moment. I know that my life hasn't always been 100% for my God, but I am changing and with my God's help everyday my heart becomes a little more like Jesus'. God is FAITHFUL I am sure of this, for I have seen the mercy and love of God countless times over my twenty-one years of life. Where I'll be in a year, I do not know. I do know that God is leading me, and in trusting Him I can not go wrong. My life is changing one beautiful beat at a time.

Redeemed in Christ,
Stormy

Remember that Jesus loves you and so do I.

No comments: