I had a guy once tell me that my conviction of not kissing until marriage was a deal breaker. I then wished him well in his life. I will not settle or go against the conviction that the LORD has placed on my life since I was young. If I were to knowingly and willingly step beyond that conviction, I would be in complete disobedience (which would mean I would be in sin). I have been blessed to have quite a few friends with the same conviction. I witnessed them share their first kiss as husband and wife. It was a beautiful moment. I know that it was hard at times for them to not kiss as their wedding approached. Yet, they followed after the LORD and sought Him when the temptation was there. They grew deeper in their relationship and dug deeply into seeking God together.
I have had people tell me that I will never get married because I have "too high of standards", that "no guy is going to want to put up with these convictions", etc. I am not going to compromise what God has lead me to. Which if that means I do not marry, it is because God didn't want me to get married. I know that there are men out there who are willing to pursue and respect a woman and her standards. I have watched my countless friends meet their husbands and they have stood by her. They laid aside their own desires of say kissing, until they married. I respect them greatly. They themselves, didn't have that conviction, yet they didn't push her to compromise her conviction.
I believe, that God has placed these convictions on my heart to protect me and to cause me to lean on Him. When I love, I love deeply: my convictions have made it so that I don't just love any man who comes into my life. Most guys are not willing to respect my convictions. Therefore, my convictions guard my heart from guys who are not willing to fight for me. I know that if God wills for me to be married, He will bring a man into my life who will honor the convictions that the LORD has called me to. I want to live to the fullest in my singleness for the LORD, as I wait upon Him for the one He has for me.
I want to encourage, those who are in the season of singleness as well to not settle for less than your standards (convictions). There are times where I know it is hard and you may not understand. Do know that following whole heartily after Him is worth it. Trust Him, live and serve Him in your singleness. When I tell you I understand, I do. I have struggled with and asked God why many times. I am reminded each time of His faithfulness and goodness. The advice that I can give to you is this: Surround yourself with friends who will help keep you accountable. They not only will keep you accountable, they will also pray for you when you are struggling. When you need advice, seek advice from a trusted believer who will speak God's truth to you. God gave you the convictions and standards for a reason. Please, listen to Him: I know it will be worth it in the end.
These were just some of my thoughts on this subject that is so dear to my heart. This is my disclaimer: I am not saying that kissing before marriage is a sin and I don't look down on those who choose that for themselves. However, please don't judge me for my conviction either.
Sunday, September 18, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment