Wednesday, September 26, 2012

God Whisper

How often do we stop to smell the flowers that are all around?

Often, I find myself in a hurry to get to the next thing on my list that I forget to take time to look at the many ways that God is trying to get my attention though His creation.

This is when God does something that blows my mind and stops me right in my tracks. It may be a butterfly that unexpectedly gets my attention. The sound of a sparrow's song overhead. The sight of two sticks making up the very shape of a cross.
It is times like these that I feel God's whisper "I am here my beloved." Why, do I hurry about? Why do I not spend more time worshiping my God? The rocks even will cry out in worship when I am silent. Have you looked at creation and studied it? More often than not you will see a glimpse of its worship. Take a pine tree, its needles are stretched upward as if they were worshiping hands raising to praise their creator. There are many examples out there all we need to do is be willing to see it.


This picture is an example of God whispers His love for me. I often spot these in times that I need it the most. I am not out forcing myself to see them. They just are there when I am open to God using His creation to speak to me. I remember the day that I took the picture on the right I was struggling and asked the Lord to remind me of His love. Later that morning I saw this on the ground. What a beautiful way to remind me of His love for me. In that moment I was reminded of the great love He has for me... love enough to die for me! Wow, what a powerful moment and God used His creation to do it.
Some may wonder what the point of this post is. It is simply, be aware and allow God to use His creation to speak to you. It speaks of His wonder, mercy, love, grace, etc. All it takes is a heart that is willing and silence on your part. Just allow Him to speak to your heart. He above all knows what you need. Like He has done so many times for me. He has used a three-headed flower the centers shaped like a heart, pine trees, birds, sticks in the shape of a cross, butterflies, and many other things to speak to my heart at that exact moment. It makes me wonder what I have missed over the years in all of my rushing from task to task.

Remember this: "I love you, but more importantly Jesus loves you!"

No comments: