Wednesday, November 30, 2011

 On October 23, 2011 my grandpa passed away. He was 72 years old and finally at rest. It doesn't change the fact that I hurt and I miss my grandpa. I have always been a grandpa's girl. He lived a life of teaching us what it means to love. I know he wasn't perfect and that he had is flaws. However, he was a good man and he left this legacy behind. The pain I felt in my heart when I got the news that he was no longer with us, was like my heart was broken. I started having a flood of memories flow through my mind. I would go through moment's of laughter to
                                                                             
tears in a matter of seconds. I had to many dreams that I wanted to be able to share with my grandpa. Like one day when I get married... I wanted my grandpa to meet the man God placed in my life. I also had the dream of having him dance with me at my wedding. Then there was wanting to be able to introduce my future children to him. All these dreams can no longer take place. All I will be able to do is tell them stories of a man who impacted my life so greatly. Between my dad and my grandpa I learned what a true man looks like and how they treat their family. I hope to find a man who will treat

me with respect and who will stand by me no matter what. This is what I saw in my grandpa. He married my grandma and loved her 8 children as if they were his own. They tried to run him off, but it stayed and stood by them. Him and my grandma had two children to make their family complete at 10 children. Their first child a son Robert John Weiss Jr. died at birth. He stayed then and through many other trials that our family has had to face. Earlier this year we lost my uncle Valon. This hurt our family and it broke my grandpa's heart. He lost another son. This was one of the few times I have every seen my grandpa cry. There are many memories that I would love to share with you about who my grandpa was. However, this would take quite a long time. Just know that he was loved and cherished by his family. He will be missed greatly by me and I am truly grateful for the almost 24 years that I got to have him here with us. Many memories were made and will live on. His legacy now lives on through us his children and grandchildren. I love you grandpa and miss you greatly.  
                                                                                           

No comments: