Monday, April 18, 2011

God break through weekend...

This past weekend has been an amazing one! One in which God spoke to my broken and distant heart. For the last couple of months I have been feeling far from my Lord and because of this I has stopped having my daily time with Him. Not having this time with Him has since made the "divide" between us greater. I stopped talking to my best friend! I was blessed this weekend to have a woman who has been a mentor to me and has become another mom for me, come and do a concert for my church. She told me right before she came that God had something that He wanted her to share to the people in Utah. When I met her at the airport she once again told me that God had something that He wanted her to share. She then went on to say: "Maybe it's meant for you, who knows?" This was something that I was nervous about, I knew that I had not been spending my time with Him like I should.



So later that night at the concert she spoke the words that God had pressed upon her to share. After she was done I felt it hit deep and hard. God knew what I needed to hear and from whom I needed to hear it from. She has been someone I can count on to tell me the honest truth. Sometimes I don't want to hear it, but never the less it is something I MUST hear. I have heard it before how important it is to remain in God's word by many Christians. It just started to become white noise to me, which honestly was and is a scary place to be. However, God used my dear Annie to speak truth that would get beyond my once again building wall of protection. The walls that were starting to separate me from the one whom I love, my Savior, God, and Best Friend! My weekend ended with taking her to the airport and wishing I would have had more time with my other mom. As we drove away, I said: "I miss her already." I never would have thought that God would build a friendship and "mother/daughter" relationship between us. Who would have thought that back when I first saw Annie in concert at the age of three that God would cross our paths when I was a teenager and that a bond would be created? I know that if I would have been asked if I would become close with Annie, before it happened I would not have believed you. However,  I have seen His mighty hand at work and for His blessings I am truly grateful.

I love you Annie and Peter more than I can express and feel blessed beyond anything to have you both in my life. I hope to one day to get to spend more time with you both. Peter, thank you for welcoming me into yours and your wife's life. Who knows God could open up a door for me there in Henderson. Please know that I love you both!

Overall, this past weekend has been one full of truth being spoken and love.

No comments: