Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer days are winding down...

I am gearing up to make yet another move to Ephraim. This was honestly the last place I thought I would be returning to any time soon. I felt like it was time to move on and finish my degree else where. However, things did not go as I had planned. Once again, I am being taught that I really need to be still and follow God's leading. So as I prepare for the move to Ephraim to finish my degree and become a graduate- I would like to reflect on some of the things that have taken place in my life.

This past summer has been filled with many challenges and heartache. I can not go into great detail on the things that have happened... but I can say that God is faithful and will carry one through it all. There has been family drama from many different family members. It is like a chaos that will not end. On many days I have felt like I have been on some very shaky ground. Which lead me to feel like at any moment the floor could give in around me and I would be sinking. This has yet to happen, because God is my strength and His mercies are truly new each morning. I am beyond thankful for my relationship with Jesus during times like this.

Even though there have been the challenges and heartache-there has been great joy and peace as well. Here are some of the blessings of this summer: I was able to spend some time with my nephews and watch them grow. I was blessed to see my dear friend get married to a godly man. God spoke to me on the women's retreat to Colorado and He put many things in perspective for me. And many other daily signs that God sends me to remind me of His love.

See, this summer has taught me many things about myself. Some things that are not pretty and need a lot of work to change (but only He can truly change). The question now remains: "Am I willing to do my part and be willing to allow God to work things out in me?" Honestly, at this point in my life I am more than willing. I am tired and weary of running and hiding behind the mask. I am greatful for my friends who are willing to be blunt, honest, and will smack me up side of the head when need be. It may be painful at times, but through those times I grow and my heart resembles that of my Lord's. So with each step I cling to my King for direction. I also welcome you into my jorney of finding God's will for my life, as the pages turn to the new chapaters of my life.

With SO much love remeber this:
I love you but more importantly Jesus loves you.

No comments: