Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Life Dedicated To Christ...

Here I am and not really knowing how to start this post. I'm writing this with a saddened heart, yet also a spirit full of joy. On March 3rd, 2009 a beloved believer in the Lord Jesus Christ passed from this life and walked into the arms of his Savior. This man's name at least what I knew him by is Stoney. He was a man who struggled and had his battle with the flesh like we all do, but he was a true servant of the Most High God! I wish everyone had the chance to meet this man, who God used to bless my life so often. I'm really going to miss his random phone calls of encouragement (it was always at the time that I needed it the most). I know that he knew that I loved him, but I do wish that I could have said I love you to him one last time. I have so many fond memories of him saying: "Hey little sis, this is your uncle stoney saying I love you but most of all God loves you." I never got to meet this man face to face, but he was a true uncle to me where it counts the most the heart. I'm rejoicing because he gets to stand at feet of the Savior he severed so faithfully until the very end. I find it approate that it was his heart that gave, because he had the biggest heart I've even seen. He had true love and compassion that is so hard to find in this world today. He servered not only his God but also his Country. I want to take this time to be silent and remember a man that God used to bless my life! I can't wait until the day I get to heaven and get to stand by him at the feet of the Most High God and worship Him for the rest of time. I know he was met with these words and all I can say is I hope that one day I too will be "Well done good and faithful servant well done." If I have learned anything from this man it is this: to be faithful to the Lord, love with what you have, and never pass up a moment to tell someone you love them or better yet that God loves them.

Stoney, you are now in the arms of your beloved Jesus. Within His arms, rest my beloved uncle and know this I love you, but most of all God loves you and you're right where you belong with the Lord you served.

I know Stoney would be saying something like this: "Now little sis, lets not be focusing on me now. Its all God all the time." So with this I say: God is the Most High, The One Who Is, The One Who Was, and The One Who Is To Come, He is the Alpha and the Omega, Jesus is the Lord to whom Stoney served, the One who is able to save the lost. So if this is you, please let Jesus in and let Him transform your life like He did Stoney's.

With a saddened heart but a joyful spirit,
Stormy

Remember I love you but most of all God loves you!

No comments: