
When I first came across this tree, while on a ladies retreat I was overcome with a sense of this tree is so much like my life. There are things that have been in my life that God has called me to abandon at His merciful feet. After I laid it at His feet, that part of my life became dead. No longer stealing the truths that God had been speaking to me all along the winding road of my life. There in my past and dying to myself, God was able to bring beauty and life from the pain and sorrow I had been through. At times I might have felt like I was nothing but a ugly dead tree trunk. However my God had been grafting new living branches into my once destructive life. And from the ashes of my past I have found a beauty, that nothing that this world has could ever measure up to. For I am in the hands of my God and his mighty hands, pruning when necessary and living room for my re-growth in Him. This process is NO where complete, but a life long journey until I'm standing in the thrown room of my King of Kings, my God! You see my God could have just uprooted me and been done. However the God I serve is full of Mercy and knows where the pruning must STOP! I'm feel so blessed that I have been chosen by my God and that He's Mercy is NEW every single morning! So here I am on my journey, taking one step at a time. Never am I alone, I have my God with me through any fire that may come and try to consume me. I pray that whoever is reading this blog, that God is showing Himself to you new daily! And that you are falling in love this the one and only God. The only one who can fulfill any emptiness within your life and heart. If He is knocking at the door of your heart, I pray that you let Him in!
With so much love, May God Bless You!
1 comment:
Redeemed by Christ,
I completely understand what you are saying. I have had much pain and sorrow in my past, but God is merciful, loving, and is interested in our obedience, and developing a humble heart in us. He is our good. He will always be our Rock, our stability, our sanity, amen?! Praise the Lord, your comment on my blog blessed me today:)
Blessings to you:)
katiegfromtennessee
Post a Comment